Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Changing Windows Drive Icon

Customizing windows drive icons gives a new stylish look from the default look. Follow these simple steps to change the icons for your drives like C:/D:/E: etc.

1] Have your favorite icon file with the format .ico or download icons from any website which offers icon images.
Vista Icons 
Dock Icons - Devine
MAC Icons - Slick Drive
MAC Icons - SHINE 

2] Now copy your .ico file and paste in your destination drive.

3] Now open notepad and type the following text with your icon name.

[autorun]
ICON=filename.ico


4] Now save the file as autorun.inf and file type as All Files in your destination drive.




5] Make sure that you have both the .ico and .inf files in the open space of your drive.




6] For safety purpose, hide these two files with read only mode properties. So that it avoids from normal deletion.


7] Restart your PC.

8] Finally a new stylish look has come at-last.

9] Similarly you can change icons for the other drives in the same manner.

EXAMPLE:





Note1: This method does not work if you have .ico/.inf file(s) in a separate folder.

Note2: This method does not work for other file types like .png, .icn except .ico.

Note3: Delete these files in order to have windows default drive icon images.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.บาคาร่าวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you.สล็อตxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another wonderful post. Where else could anybody get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing?เว็บสล็อตเว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.เว็บ ตรง

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great.สล็อต เว็บ ตรง

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read moreสล็อตวอลเลท

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment...

Livefyre